Thursday, July 07, 2005

Stop! Thief!

We had a runner at work last weekend. Basically that means someone who tries on an item then runs out of the store with it. There were three of us serving this guy and when he bolted we all went into complete shock. Apparently I yelled out and we all went to chase him (something we are not meant to do), it was just an instinct.
One of my staff chased him through the carpark, but the guy was too far ahead and got away. The other two of us called security and the police. Luckily we had followed all procedures and cannot be blamed for what happened.
The sad part is, the ring was worth over 3 grand but will probably be sold for one hundred bucks, enough for this guys next hit.
Aside from that moment of panic things have been standard. I went to my brothers going away party, I have been hanging with friends and working. My brother leaves today for 6 months. I will miss him and so wish I could go too. Sometimes it feels so unfair to be stuck with this life I didn't choose. Stuck with what was left over after a failed engagement. I am slowly turning it around and know I am doing well. It is hard to not feel like I have wasted so much time though.
I know I will be better once the house is sold and I can start doing the things I want to do rather than the things I have had to.
As usual I am in bed when I should be getting ready for work. Time to get my arse into gear!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home