Monday, May 30, 2005

Home sweet.....ahh stuff it

I am going to sell my house! Maybe not the most intelligent financial decision but I am sick of living like I am 66 instead of 26!
I am going to rent my parents house for a while since neither of them will be living there. It'll be cheap, I can have my pets and I can do whatever I want to the house. When and if they decide to sell it I will get back whatever money I have spent improving it.
I don't think I will be losing much. I suppose the house I have will increase in value but I will have no money in the meanwhile. I am sick of being crippled by a mortgage on a house full of memories I would rather move on from.
It looks like I will move during the next month and sell my house empty, rather than go through the hassle of juggling pets and trying to keep it immaculate for inspections.
I am looking forward to having the money to travel, fix my teeth and generally relax and enjoy myself for a while.
My new job is going well, I haven't been sick since I left the old one and I feel like I have had a huge weight lifted off me as my mum has decided to try something that will make her life easier, and so have I. Things are looking UP (touch wood) after a tough 18 months.
I'll have a busy busy few months ahead, getting the house ready for selling and moving out but I am sure it will be worth it when I can relax and spend money on some more entertaining things later this year.
A fresh start could be just what I need to get myself back on track....

1 Comments:

At 9:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mel,

Just been catching up on your latsst entries. Sorry I've been a bit slack in writing to you lately.
Wow I really admire your decision to sell your house, it's a brave move but I think from the sounds of it, that it could be the right one.
Thanks also for the Birthday greeting you sent me, it made my day.
Have a great weekend ok !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home