Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Bunch of savages in this town

ROT IN HELL YOU JUNKIE TRASH. That is my message to the miscreant who smashed the passenger window of my car and stole my Bluetooth handsfree.

Cost of replacing window $290. Cost of replacing Bluetooth $150. Feeling safe in my own house/car: irreplaceable.

There was glass all over the seats, I was late to work, I cut myself, it cost me a fortune to fix. The worst part is I had convinced myself I didn't need to be scared of living alone. Turns out, I did. This happened in my carport, while I was in bed 2 metres away. What if next time it's the house? Or if I walk out to my car while they are there? Or if they hurt my pets?

I have tried not to freak out at every noise outside. Now it will be nearly impossible to relax. I hate that people not only take your hard earned possessions. They take your confidence and your faith that you are safe. My house should be my refuge.

I work hard for my stuff. That $450 could have gone towards the dental work I need. It's half a root canal! It's a month of bills. It's helping my mum out. It's getting my car serviced. It's nearly a week of work.

It will get some loser $20. And it cost me money, hassle and happiness!

1 Comments:

At 1:45 pm, Blogger Mel said...

Thanks Ham. I am sorta over it! You just think that stuff wont happen to you. It is a royal pian in the a$$ - my seats are covered with towels coz there is still glass in there! I don't want an even sharper pain in the a$$ ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home