Thursday, July 28, 2005

Morning Off

This morning I have been lounging around eating froot loops. Mmmmm sugar. Am enjoying a well earned late start after being short staffed this week and running a meeting last night.
Sometimes it feels intensely weird to run meetings, interview people and stuff. I am very aware of how these things looked to me from the other side so I try and remain fair and treat people the way I wished to be treated. Some people make that difficult though. Fortunately my team are easy to get along with. They are nice and funny and willing to focus and work with a little push here and there.
I interviewed a bit of a shocker yesterday. Who goes for an interview as a Sales Consultant and says they don't like having targets? There is such a thing as detrimental honesty.
Tomorrow I am going to do some more moving house. Either work on my lounge or the less appealing option of sorting out the random oddments and crap left over in the rooms where all the important stuff has been dealt with.
All my kitchen stuff is done so I am legitimately unable to cook. What a damn shame that has been ;o)
I am hoping to get my tax return organised too. I could do with some $$$ as I want to go out and buy some furniture for the new place. I haven't bought shoes for a disturbingly long time either. I should buy some work ones, but they really don't count. I wanna buy some impractical, pretty, high, only to be worn on short nights out kind. The fun kind, in other words.
Hopefully tonight goes quickly at work. Not too many ballbreakers on the loose. I hate the ones who haggle you down by that last $5 to the point where it is barely worth selling the item as there is no profit left in it, then they pull out a huge wad of money right in front of you and count out the pittance they are willing to pay. To them it is as much about 'winning' as it is about getting a good price.
I will have the last laugh. When we say 'it's lovely' we mean hideous. When we say 'it's different' we mean tacky and when we say 'you got bargain' we are trying to suppress hysterical laughter knowing that there was plenty of room for negotiation but since you were arrogant we stuck to the inflated price on principle.
So go home and try and wedge that repulsive ring on those sausages you call fingers. While you are admiring your purchase we are saying to our colleague 'can you believe which piece of shit I just offloaded?'
Show some respect to us poor plebs behind the counter or walk away with a badly coloured, inclusion filled stone that looks like it came out of a gumball machine and the words, 'I'm sure she'll love it, it's such an adventurous design' ringing in your ears....Sucker!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home