Monday, October 24, 2005

A case of the Mondays

Don't you hate it when half your day off is eaten up by stressing about the week ahead?

Yesterday was heaps fun. The girls and I had a wine and seafood lunch on a deck by the bay, followed by a walk on the sand. Then we took my crazy ass pooches for a walk, or rather my crazy ass pooches took us for a drag. I bought an icy pole at the end of it so I was happy. Last night I set up my spare tv in my bedroom and watched a horror movie until 3am. All in all a very satisfying day.

Today, on the other hand I am taking mum to the dentist (we both detest going so we go together for moral support and to make sure there is no wussing out!). I also need to go grocery shopping (nooooooooooooooooooo!) and get my shit ready for the week of work ahead.

The main trauma I am facing is that tomorrow I get Ma and Pa Z, the owners of the company coming out to my shop to torture me. Well, that's not on their official agenda or anything but we all know that's what will end up happening. I am so not in the mood to bullshit my way through such a visit at the moment. Plus Ma likes to sell for old times sake. Maybe I'll get lucky and she'll cop some junkie feral that will scare her back to her million dollar apartment. Bring on the dole bludgers, the skanks, the skinheads, the losers, the agros and the mentals. Children of Funkytown, I implore you, banish these evil corporate yuppsters back to from whence they came.

Work is kind of annoying in general at the moment. Between ball-breaking bosses and shitty-sarcastic staff I am OVER it. Christmas is fast approaching and I feel about as far from pumped, energetic and motivated as you can get.

I have been having quite vivid and violent nightmares too. Nothing like dreaming of death and destruction to put you in the mood to go to work and sell.

I think it's time to do something different. Pack up my shit and travel or totally change industries before I degenerate into a random sniper. Hopefully my house sells in the next few weeks and my options open up.

For now, back to the daily grind. 20 hours of freedom left... And counting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home