Saturday, September 03, 2005

Do you think you are better off alone???

As soon as you rely on someone to be there for you when you are at your worst, you give them the power to let you down. To hurt you. To remind you how low your personal anguish is on their list of priorities.
Some people do it on purpose. Some people don't care. Some people just don't know the right thing to say or do. Some people genuinely may not be able to help you at that moment but might not express that to you. Not realizing that when you need their help the most, you are incapable of asking. Or not even understanding that saying 'I wish I could be there but I can't because...' would make you feel less alone.
Is it better to try and not need anyone? Then no one can disappoint you. You wont end up thinking your life is worthless because you don't inspire in others that 'I'd drop anything to help you' attitude that you have for them.
I am coming to the conclusion that every time I soften and let my guard slip a little that I am setting myself up for a world of hurt.
So, what to do? Cultivate a tougher exterior shell and not let anyone or anything chisel its way through? Or deal better with the inevitable hurt if I don't?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home