Saturday, April 30, 2005

Avast!

Well, today was restful. Slept most of the day - still feel run down with sinus infection. Then I had the fun job of cleaning the house. K was coming over and the house needed to look at lot less grotty.

Most of it was routine - vacuum enough hair of the couch to make a spare cat, dust the TV (how does it get so filthy, it's one of the most frequently used appliances in my house) and remove several pairs of shoes, items of clothing and junk mail from the lounge.

Then came the annoying bit (well, more annoying bit). Last week I spilled make up in the sink, I missed a bit when cleaning it up and it left a beige streak. I decided to get it off today. I tried: windex, surface spray, bathroom cleaner and BLEACH with no result. Nothing worked. Stupid sink looked crap while everything else was nice and clean. Then I had a brainwave (that's my one for the year). I could try the make up wipes I use on my face. Would you believe after one wipe across, the mark VANISHED. I used bleach on this stain and it made no difference, but something that's meant to be gentle enough to use on my FACE worked instantly. I am kinda dubious about putting one of those babies near my eye again, but hey, I could use them to clean the shower!

After that was all done, K arrived and we went out to get dinner. We had a great evening, bludging in front of the heater, keeping the cats at bay while we were eating and mixing our 'Ultimate 90's CD'. Some TRAGIC songs made it on there. Cherry Pie, Get Down on It and even Step by Step. In our defense, it's not so much the songs or the artists (we swear to god) that we were keen on. Largely the memories they stir up. K&K and I hanging at the Roller Rink, sneaking the odd ciggie/drink and daydreaming over boys. Good times.

While mixing our CD we treated ourselves to a DROOL FEST by putting on Pirates of the Caribbean (but why is the rum gone?). MMMMMMMMMMM Johnny in a pirate suit. Lots of scenes had to be watched more than once. Phwoar.

Now I am settling down for bed. I can here Doof Doof from a neighbours house. Other people get to stay up last 11pm since they aren't retail hacks who have to work on Sunday. Such is life.
So I shall lull myself to sleep to tunes of the 90's and dreams of Captain Jack Sparrow. He can shiver my timbers any time he likes.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like good Saturday.

I was wandering, do you suffer from OCD ? I always have and I know a lot of others with anxiety do too.

Everything has to be in order / level / alphabetical..ect ect ect.

I clean everything, all the time..sounds nuts I know, hahah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home