Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Take this job and....

Well... I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!! Yay me. Tomorrow I have the fun task of resigning from my current position. Am deciding on how to phrase it. I shall lay out the options:

JERRY MAGUIRE STYLE
'Who's with me?'

OFFICE SPACE STYLE
'I don't think I'm going to go anymore'

SIENFELD STYLE
'It's not you, it's me'

SEX AND THE CITY STYLE
'I'm sorry. I can't. Don't hate me' (on a post -it)

ACE VENTURA STYLE
'If I'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer'

ROMEO AND JUILET STYLE
'Parting is such sweet sorrow' (or in this case, just sweet)

SCREAM STYLE
'I'll be right ba-aaaaaack'

ARNIE STYLE
'Hasta-lavista baby'

DIE HARD STYLE
'Yippie kie yay - mother fucker'

BABE STYLE
'That'll do pig, that'll do'

and my personal favourite:

SOUTH PARK STYLE
'Screw you guys - I'm going home'

will let you know how it goes. I doubt my boss will be happy but that's tough shit. They should have done more to make sure it was all working out for me. I am mega excited about the new job. I will be managing a jewelry shop. Mmmm shiny things.
Seriously I am looking forward to having my own shop versus a department and some challenging managerial work versus donkey work.
More on that later. For now I am basking in the 'take this job and shove it' fantasies.

3 Comments:

At 6:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mel,
Firstly congrats on the job, I knew you'd get it, never doubted you for a second.

Secondly, I think I read that your a "Family Guy" fan?? If your interested I have a link where you can directly download the cd of music from the show. I've done it already, it's excellent and works fine.

Link is http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/t/d/tdw154/familyguymusic/

Enjoy

 
At 10:28 pm, Blogger Mel said...

Thanks Ham! Talk soon

 
At 10:30 pm, Blogger Mel said...

Thanks Darren. I LOVE Family Guy. Just bought 3rd series. Will check it out for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home