Saturday, February 05, 2005

Hiding in my room

I should get up. I should feed the cats and dogs. I should clean the house. I should wash some clothes. All of this would involve leaving my room though. So it's doubtful it will happen anytime soon.
It's weird, I have always felt that when I am in my bedroom I can hide away from everything. Even though the whole house is mine and no one else is around, I still feel 'safest' holed up in my bedroom. I have decked it out with my laptop, tv/dvd, ipod/speakers and I always have my phone in here. Usually there is a pile of food, drink and books by the side of the bed too.
So I can hang out here and get totally absorbed in reading/chatting/music/dvd's and pretend there is no world outside my door.
I have always been this way, maybe it's just built in from the days of living with my family and relying on using my bedroom as a refuge from reality.
I think I will do nothing today. Just bludge. I am sure I will regret it when it reaches say 6pm and the whole day has slipped by but I really can't find the motivation or energy for anything else.
It's been a huge week at my new job and I feel kind of drained. It all went ok and I am picking things up pretty well. I might be going to my actual store next week which will relieve the feeling that I am in 'limbo'. I am kinda worried I may not earn enough at this job to cover the mortgage and still live a comfortable life. I am trying to push that feeling aside and tell myself to wait and see. For starters the commission structure is changing this year so it's stupid to even worry about it for now. I guess the pressure of having the whole mortgage and all the bills to myself for the first time ever is a little daunting.
I will wait and see I guess. I just hate that though. I want to know now. Now, now, now! Well, time to space out for a while....

2 Comments:

At 12:42 pm, Blogger Craig said...

hmm any wonder you stay in bed when everything is close at hand.I'd do the same.
I have the get out of bed problem. I've come up with a novel solution to forcing myself to get up.

Nakedness.

I don't know why but I can't stay in bed once i've woken if I'm naked. Not for that long anyway. Parts of me get cold. Wake me just enough to force me out. In the past I'd be able to sleep all day with my clothes or PJ's on. Crack just the right body temperature and I'd not want to move an inch.

 
At 8:07 pm, Blogger Mel said...

Hmmmmm, intresting theory. Maybe you just wanna picture me naked while we are chatting :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home