Sunday, January 23, 2005

I'm on fire baby

Well I only have myself to blame. I am sunburned all over my back, shoulders and face. Ouchy Ouchy Freakin Ouchy.
I was at the beach in Sorrento and did a very half arsed job of applying sunscreen. Then went in the water and played catch with my friend using a rubber chicken as a ball. But that's another story.
You see I am half Greek and I never used to burn that quick. However several years retreat into the great indoors has paled my olive skin and lowered its resistance to the sun.
So now I am paying for my laziness with a bright red and painful to lay on back. This reduces the appeal of one of my favourite hobbies - see post number one.
It also means every couple of hours I make a frustrating trip to the bathroom mirror to contort myself in a position where I try to apply cream to my own back. Now I see why they make after sun stuff in a spray and why I will be buying some post haste. This is one of those times when a flatmate could be handy. Or Go-Go-Gadget arms.
I had quite forgotten how painful sunburn is. I'm petrified that next time I take off my top, half the skin on my back will go with it.... not an appealing prospect in the least.
Hmmm please don't let me peel, please don't let me peel. Well that'll learn me wont it?
Aside from that the Sorrento trip was way cool. We went out to a pub Friday night and had some drinkies and a dance.
On the way home we stopped at Mt Eliza for some icecream - go the Baileys and Almond... nice. As we were driving down Olivers Hill we saw a festival on at Frankston foreshore. We stopped and rode the Ferris wheel and the cha-cha. I like a do da cha cha <--- Bruce Allmighty.

Must be getting old. Combination of breakfast, icecream and rides left me feeling a little sick... Retreated back home and was greeted by sooky dogs and largely indifferent cats. I love cats. They have perfected that hard to get attitude.
Today I am doing a whole lotta nuthin and its everything I hoped it could be and less. Was talking to a new friend before but he disappeared. I always have that.. OMG did I say something wrong? panic until I see them again...
Tonight is stretching out into boredom city. What to do? Should go to shops and restock on pet food and stuff, but that is tedious. Could finish my book, I only started it yesterday. Could watch DVD's.. but what to watch? I'm in a 'I really want to do something but cant decide what' mood. Restless. Energetic but unmotivated. Waiting for inspiration, or an offer to strike.
Sunday nights. Traditionally a time where I feel the freedom of the weekend spiraling away to leave that lead feeling inside when I start to dread school/work/the new week stretching out ahead. Since I am on leave for another couple of days I don't have much to worry about this time.
I am starting to get the feeling that these last few days are precious and am mentally planning them out so they don't slip by in a blur.
Anyway... off to try and re-apply that wonderful green gel to my glowing back. Might make some calls and explore possibilities for tonight........ Take care out there. And wear SUNSCREEN

2 Comments:

At 3:30 pm, Blogger Craig said...

pfft, cat's! they want to know you only when it suits them!
Have to learn to chill with me hun. I'm a pop and banger. I pop in and then suddenly I can be bang off like a gun. This time though wasn't my fault! Ah. The internet.
If I was there, I'd squirt some ice cold sunburn cream onto your back and give you a good talking to. You know, some slip, slop, SLAPPING. You naughty girl. I'll make you red instead if your not careful next time! :)

 
At 11:35 pm, Blogger Mel said...

promises, promises Craig!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home